-->

Friday, November 6, 2009

Mousse au Chocolat (Chocolate Mousse)


8 oz dark bittersweet chocolate
3 eggs, separated
8 oz chilled whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar

Instructions:

  • Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Let it cool for a couple of minutes.
  • Stir the egg yolks into the chocolate
  • Whisk the egg whites until very stiff and peaky, then slowly add the sugar, whisking after each addition.
  • Gently and slowly fold the egg whites, a spoonful at a time, into the chocolate. Don't fold too quickly as you want to keep the volume of the eggs as much as possible.
  • Pour gently into the small bowls or ramekins and put in the fridge for a few hours.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Denise, this looks fantastic. I simply have to try your recipe! I am a chocolate lover thru and thru. hugs, Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went thru the other post suggestions with anything to do with chocolate, and copied them for my "blog recipe" book. I have some yummy things in that ring book by now, and these are great new additions. thanks. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh Merci - this is what I am in need of! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, but never made it myself. Doesn't lokk TOO difficult. I will make a try!

    ReplyDelete