Tuesday, March 9, 2010
3.5 lbs beef
3.5 oz piece of cured pork or solid chunk of bacon
1 oz plain flour
2 oz butter
2 fl oz oil
2 peeled and crushed garlic cloves
1 1/2 bottle red wine burgandy
1 bouquet garni
salt & pepper.
- Prepare and cut the meat in regular pieces ; peel the carrots and onions and
cut the into thin slices.
- In a casserole, heat the butter and oil and brown the pork, the meat
pieces, adding the carrots and onions. When browned, spread with the flour and cover
with the wine.
-Add the crushed garlic and the bouquet garni and season with salt & pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 2 to 3 hours .
- When cooked, if the sauce is too liquid, take the meat and herbs out, then reduce it for a few minutes.
- Serve with fresh baguette.