2 sheets or about 8 oz. of frozen puff pastry
2 cups of granulated sugar
Cinnamon & sugar mixture
- Thaw puff pastry overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- If not already flat, roll your puff pastry out to a 1/8" thickness. (Most puff pastry sheets are already this thickness).
- Sprinkle sugar all over the area you will be working and place one puff pastry sheet on top of the sugar. Keep the other sheet in the fridge until needed.
- Sprinkle top of puff pastry with more sugar.
- To shape, fold each end of pastry just over halfway to the middle. The two sides should be folded towards each other, but there should be almost half the width of the pastry sheet between them. Fold the puff pastry sheet so the two folded ends meet in the middle.
- With a very sharp knife, cut your folded pastry into about 1/2" slices. Place on your parchment baking sheet. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake around 6 minutes, watching as they burn easily. Turn cookies and sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar. Bake 3-5 minutes more, until edges are golden and center is cooked.
- Cook completely on wire racks and enjoy!