1 pound of shelled scallops
2 Tbsp of butter
2 Tbsp of dry white vermouth
1 Tbsp of finely chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse scallops under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan large enough to hold all the scallops in one layer.
- Saute the scallops for 3-5 minutes, turning until golden brown on both sides and firm to touch.
- Remove to serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add the vermouth to the hot frying pan, swirl in remaining butter, add parsely and pour sauce over scallops. Serve immediately.
- Serves 2.