- 1 cup créme fraiche
- 2 shallots, peeled and minced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped capers
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp ground horseradish
- 2 tsp chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp chopped chervil
- 10 oz yellowfin tuna, diced
- 10 oz salmon, ground
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil for rings
- 10 oz Osetra or other caviar (optional)
- Whip créme fraiche until thick, and stiff peaks are formed. Reserve in refrigerator.
- Combine shallots and olive oil in a small saucepan and sauté until shallots are translucent. Place shallots in a bowl and add capers, lemon zest, soy sauce, horseradish, coriander, and chervil. Mix until combined.
- Divide shallot mixture into two equal parts. Combine one half with diced tuna; combine the other half with ground salmon. Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper to tuna mixture and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Lightly brush inside of 10 rings or molds with olive oil. Place waxed paper on a cookie sheet. Place molds on the cookie sheet.
Place 2 tablespoons of tuna mixture in each mold. Smooth tuna mixture with back of spoon. Add 2 tablespoons of crème fraiche. Smooth with blade of flat knife, making sure that crème fraiche is level with top of mold. You should have 3 equal layers.
Chill in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours. Place each ring or mold on a plate and gently remove mold, leaving parfait on plate. Serve with toast.